Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Meet Freckles

Here's another cute critter from The Sweetest Day by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs--Freckles the frog. He's quite charming, and I love the expression on his face.


On the first card, Freckles was colored with Memento inks and a watercolor brush on watercolor paper. I added the party hat and sentiment for a bit of birthday fun.


On the second card I paired Freckles with his pal Peep. I ink distressed the background with three shades of distress inks. Freckles and Peep were colored with Copics, trimmed and mounted to the card. Isn't that the perfect sentiment?

You'll find all these stamps and more in the Purple Onion Designs store. Thanks for stopping by, and have a sweet day!

SUPPLIES:

17 comments:

  1. Super fun cards Donna, really love the blending on the second card..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! Such fun stamps, I love your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the coloring on the frog and the background in that second card is so smooth and divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! Love seeing Peep again, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cards make me smile, they're so cute and your colouring is amazing Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable, Donna! Love the added hat and the two friends together! Your coloring is always so fab! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both these cards! You did a super job with the frog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable stamps and love your cute card, Donna! My stamps came last week, need to get them mounted on cling foam! I loooove them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these critters, too and I love what you have done with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loooooooove your cards! Freckles is adorable....xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww.... these are super duper cute, Donna! love love your watercolor Freckle and the inked background on the second card is gorgeous. fabulous work as always, my friend! love them both! love ya, too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OHHHH! Donna--I'm amazed AGAIN! I LOVE your background on that second card...LOVE the little frog! SO CUTE! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww these are both so sweet! I love how you colour these Donna and that froggy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely ADORABLE! Your shading and coloring are superb, Donna! Always a treat to see your work! xoxo

    ReplyDelete