Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Summer!


First of all, thanks to all of you for your sweet comments and good wishes for me on joining the Purple Onion Designs team! I'm a little nervous but super excited to start working with a company that I've long admired. In a few days, I'll be sharing my first cards as an official Onion....so stay tuned!

Do you think it's too early for a summery card? With the month of May just a few days away, I think summer is zooming towards us sooner than we think. And living in Hawaii....well, it's summer almost every day!



I couldn't resist using Tiddly Inks' Snorkel Bunny and a fun sketch by Sasya for my card. Rather than search for patterned paper, I used three of Hero Arts' background stamps to make my own papers.

For the background, I clear embossed Graph Background and ink distressed with Broken China and Faded Jeans. I water splotched the card for a bit of interest.

The pennants were clear embossed with Raindrop Background and ink distressed with Orange Marmalade and Wild Honey.



The piece behind the bunny was stamped with Large Canvas Stripes in Frayed Burlap and ink distressed with the same color. The sentiment was handstamped by me, using my favorite $1 alpha stamps and I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the bunny's snorkel mask.










Stamps: Tiddly Inks, Hero Arts, Studio G
Inks: Ranger Distress inks, Memento
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Other: Copics, clear embossing powder, Marvy scallop circle punch, Glossy Accents, pop dots, twine




Make sure that you visit Tiddly Inks tomorrow, April 30, for a Treasure Hunt Blog Hop to celebrate their first birthday. There will be prizes galore and a few freebies, just for hopping along. Hope to see you there!

30 comments:

  1. so very very cute Donna. Perfect to welcome Summer... I remember my trip to Hawaii ( back in 1983) and it is a lovely warm place. Lucky you to be living in Paradise every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card Donna, love your sweet bunny. You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna what a gorgeous card. I love the bunny, the colours, the stamps, EVERYTHING!!!! You so rock xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, this made me smile - what an adorable image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just too stinkin CUTE Donna! I love the little bunny and his scene and the banner is so adorable. Fun summer card :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card! That stamp is adorable and your coloring a perfection as always. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card Donna! I wish it would warm up here, our heater is still running...ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card Donna, love your creativity! Your distessed papers and your coloring are all so beautiful. A very adorable and inspiring card, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. NEVER too early for summer! Love the shiny snorkel goggles! I can't wait to see your creations with the Purple Onions!xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is super cute, Donna! Love the bunny and your coloring! I'm with Maylee, I wish the weather can be warmer here... so I can take my girls to swim! :)

    Have a beautiful day, big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, this card is ADORABLE! Love it! And congrats on your new DT position with Purple Onion. They're lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS....is the CUTEST card I have seen in a long time...you just simply Rock my Friend i just get a smile from ear to ear seeing your cards!!! Smooches.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very cute is your bunny donna. love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a cute card. love that bunny swimming. great job on making your own DP. fabulous banner too! hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card! Love your homemade paper! Congratulaions on your Purple Onion design team position, everything you make is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable, Donna! Hope you're doing well. . .hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops, typo, I meant Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just too cute! Love how he is snorkling and this is colored to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awwww.... this is the cutest!!! love love your stamped background, Donna! absolutely fabulous! love love love this!! have a beautiful weekend, my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute, so sweet! Love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think this bunny is adorable and the card you've made with him is just the cutest! Great way to welcome summer!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Luv your card Donna! Supah cute and perfect to add the Glossy Accents to the mask! Have a great weekend . . . rain, rain, rain in the forecast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Donna! This card is full of pure wonderfullness...lol! Is that even a word? Well, it is now ;D I love this sweet image and how you have completed the entire scene for our scuba diving friend. So jealous of your Summer weather. We're just on the brink of warmer temperatures, but haven't quite hit it, yet. I am dying to eat dinner on the patio, but it is still a wee bit cold in the evenings. Oh well, that's how it goes in the desert ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Donna, this card was perfect for the weather we had in LA. I wish I was at the beach cooling off just like this cute bunny. heehee. Fabulous job on this adorable card. I always like making my own background paper when I can't find what I want. So much funner yea? Have a fabulous weekend and lookin' fwd to some POD inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful colors Donna. Your banners always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww, this is absolutely adorable, Donna! I love the fun colours and the banner. I am so ready for summer with this card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful card! Love all the different stamps that you used to create your papers - love that bunny! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow Donna, the colouring here is simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete