Sunday, September 13, 2009

Phew!

Well, the desk is finally done and I'm sitting at it, typing on my laptop which seems to be really happy here. We finally finished all the details--putting on the glass doors, assembling the drawers, deciding how high I want the shelves.

Initially, my hubby was going to assemble it all by himself. But whenever I popped in for a look, he would ask, "You wanna screw these in?...." or "Can you put some glue on the pegs and pass it to me?..." I didn't mind helping him and it did go by faster with an extra pair of hands.

The desk and hutch were assembled separately and then we had to put the hutch on top of the desk. IT WEIGHED A TON!! We looked at each other and there was NO WAY I could help him lift it and line up the holes and pegs and screws! So we waited for my daughter's big, strong boyfriend to come over the following evening.

Here's a photo of how it looks one day after it was completely finished. Only my Copics have found a spot on the top and I did some stamping on it last night. I have to decide where my "go to" supplies will go and be accessible. I still found myself going to the den to use my paper trimmer......Will post a pic later when it's "pretty"!

21 comments:

  1. donna, this looks FABULOUS! you guys did an awesome job putting it together! :) where did you get the desk again? hubby says that once we finish with the move, he's going to get me a desk, too. woohoo! no more card tables lined up! lol truly, this looks great... have fun putting it to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool new desk, have fun filling it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome setup Donna. Lucky you. It looks like it will be wonderful. Lots of nice space either side of the laptop to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna I bet you are going to enjoy this desk once you are all set up to the way you like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo DDDD love your new desk!!!!! can't wait to see it all organized!!!!! miss u
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This desk looks fabulous all those compartments will come in handy! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Donna! Have fun cleaning & organizing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo, Donna!! This looks awesome!! You guys really did an awesome job putting it together!! So happy for you, have fun with it and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool desk! Can`t wait to see it filled!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna,
    This is one awesome desk!!! I would be in that room all day crafting. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics once you set everything up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited for you Donna! Can't wait to see the photo after you fill it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great desk and lovely space to put your laptop and other fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - amazing. It looks just perfect Donna. Well done making it too - those things can be IMPOSSIBLE to assemble. I have to say, Andy usually needs my help :) He's not the best at following instructions. Hope you are well, enjoy your new desk. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've got the fantastic crafting desk! Finished to assemble it!? Maybe you and your DH was tired. All the empty space would be filled with goodies in a few days, I guess. ;)

    Thanks so much Donna for your visiting my blog the other day!

    Love, Tomo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful desk Donna! I love when the hard work of assembling is over and its time to put all the supplies away. That is my favorite! Can't wait to see all the goodies put away. Have fun in your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun to have it together...YAY!! I bet your loving it!
    Always more fun to put things together with a little help...I'm always Dale's assistant!!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad you have a desk all to your own to craft on! let' see a pic when it's all "furnished" w/ your craft goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I LOVE your BEAUTIFUL DESK, Donna! I sure could use it, AND about SIX MORE OF THEM!! Love the color and all of the storage possibilities! You are going to have MANY, FUN HOURS crafting away at your desk. I'm so HAPPY for YOU and your new CRAFTING AREA! YIPPEE! Love, Karen xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donna, i missed you!! WOOW your new desk looks so organized and BIG.. :) so happy for you and happy crafting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Donna! What a beautiful desk! Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, you rreally have a superb hubby. Better to get this proper furniture, otherwise you will hurt your back. finally, you are happy with your seat now.

    ReplyDelete